Mental Health Forums

please help.

holly23

Let me start by saying that there is two people in my family ( my aunt and my "kind of" step sister) who are faking mental illnesses. You should hear the way my family talk about them. To be honest everything they say is 100% true. They are attention seeking, that might sound awful but I know them and I don't think it's fair what they are doing. There are people out there who really have these problems and would give anything not to. 

Recently I have been having these problems myself. I have had anxiety and depression for years and then I started to get a little paranoid but I know that my paranoid thoughts aren't true but I can't help thinking them. For the past few months things have gotten a little more extreme and terrifying. I don't really want to get into things but I really am confused and frustrated and scared. I can't tell any of my family because I'm afraid they will judge me like they did my aunt. It's been hard but I have been hiding it all from everyone including my therapist because I don't want to be diagnosed. I don't know what to do!

Archived