Mental Health Forums

BPD Reading

Saharah Blue

It has been years literally years since I have read up on the latest with BPD, I but rather than go and find the latest and greatest like I use to do, I decided to spend some time today reading back to the basics

I am including a link for, Cognitive-behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder, By Marsha Linehan

https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=UZim3OAPwe8C&oi=fnd&pg=PA3&dq=bpd+searching+behavior&ots=qBTB4s_qGb&sig=D-GvO6m4A2_PXbA5K32ZA3uEO-o#v=twopage&q&f=false

I remember reading about invalidation many times before and I thought I knew it back to front but reading today I am finding there are so many things I have forgotten about my own dx, page 56 has a section on types of invalidating families.

• 4 months later...

Thank you for the link!  I've dipped into that book a couple of times while working in a bookshop, but didn't get as far as the invalidation bit.  It took me many years to realise how badly invalidation by several family members affected me growing up, and into my adult years.  I'm sure many others here feel the same.

So yeah, I might need to go back and read more of this book.  Thank you @Saharah Blue:)

Archived