Mental Health Forums

Deeper Depression

b0bulat0r

Third week of feeling this insanely depressed,

I feel like i want to cry constantly, several times I have just broken down and cried, I spent nearly 3 hours today just looking at the ceiling.

everyone around me is getting excited about Christmas, I feel worse at this time of year, I think part of is because i don't enjoy christmas anymore or get excited and when everyone else around me does it makes me feel like i'm not normal, or that a part of me is dead inside because I can't experience the happiness they are.

feel like a huge dark cloud is following me around that I just can't shift,

can't see any point in anything and I can't get any joy from anything,

:(

hoping this goes away soon.

The holidays are hard for most people, there is so much hype about everyone having this amazing experience that is not really true. It is actually closer to normal to feel the way you do. Even people who love Christmas have years where they are just not into it. A perfect Christmas sometimes mean a perfect family or loving relationship, or social life, or having a certain amount of money. I think that is why it can be so easy to get down.

You are not alone.

I try to send out cards every year but I have lost so much interest in giving gifts for people who barely talk to to me.

Hi Saharah

" perfect Christmas sometimes mean a perfect family or loving relationship, or social life, or having a certain amount of money"

i guess thats why it seems to suck so had for me,

I don't have a girlfriend which leaves me with a big empty feeling alot of the time like something is missing,

my family situation is not great and its even worse this year, my sister moved out in the summer and is spending christmas with her fiancee's family I've never had a christmas without her before.

I don't have a social life or a great influx of money either.

I just want to hide under a rock until christmas is over.

work colleagues are throwing a party on friday this week and i've been invited but I won't go, I can't stand the thought of having to stand there and pretend i'm happy and enjoy it all, I'd rather just get labelled as anti-social and sit and hide at home.

Sleeping is also getting worse as well, (if that is even possible)

even my appetite is also effected by my depression.

Third week of feeling this insanely depressed,

I feel like i want to cry constantly, several times I have just broken down and cried, I spent nearly 3 hours today just looking at the ceiling.

everyone around me is getting excited about Christmas, I feel worse at this time of year, I think part of is because i don't enjoy christmas anymore or get excited and when everyone else around me does it makes me feel like i'm not normal, or that a part of me is dead inside because I can't experience the happiness they are.

feel like a huge dark cloud is following me around that I just can't shift,

can't see any point in anything and I can't get any joy from anything,

:(

hoping this goes away soon.

sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. You are not alone as many people find this time of year difficult including myself.Sending you hugs x

Archived