Mental Health Forums

anxiety

Tray

the panic attacks are just not improving...

iv been unwell all over christmas and new year with mumps, so been off work sick... my note is up tomoz, but still dont feel well

i am completely wiped out, just want to sleep, and having constant panic attacks over everything is just not helping... its like a deep rooted fear inside just waiting to come out, but its not one thing that sets me off, its everythin!

i just wana go to sleep and not wake back up again

Tray, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell, what do you think is the underlying cause of the fear? I know when I let my self-care slide for too long it affects my ability to function at work. How are you doing now?

• 3 weeks later...

hi

im back at work, and coping with that. the panic attacks are still there, tbh the first few days back at work i was ok, but the panic has crept back in...

i just feel like im doubting myself constantly, on every aspect of my life... im so tired of fighting to be normal, i just want to hide away x

(((Tray))) I'm glad you're back at work now. You probably are managing better than you think you are but it doesn't always help to be told that. It's just words, it doesn't mean much when you can't see it. It's weird but the first few days are sometimes the easiest because sometimes you kind of give yourself permission to struggle for the first few days because a lot of people would, but then after that you feel like you should be coping and that causes more pressure.

Do you have any ways of dealing with panic? My boyfriend has this preventative thing that sometimes works, it won't work in every workplace but it's kind of breathing and mindfulness where he thinks about what he sees, hears, smells and feels with breathing in between and he'll do it between each little job or if it's a long job he might do it every 5 mins or 10 mins, just take a little bit of time to go through the exercise even if the anxiety is manageable or not there. I think it usually takes about 30 seconds.

Obviously if he's having a conversation or something he can't do it but it can make the conversation easier if he's done his techniques in advance if that makes sense.

i do mindfulness also, if i need to i take a comfort break and sit in the loo and calm down, it does help when i am at work, but i am my own worst enemy... when i am alone, i cannot, or rather wont calm myself down properly...

my mood swings are vile, i have been working lates, so last nite i fin at 2am, got home just after 2-30, went right to bed, but was gone 4 when i fell asleep... then was up at 6-20 when my partners alarm went off, had stuff to do today so not had a nap at all, im exhusted

got 9 days off work thou now so gona concentrate on sleeping and sorting stuff out x

Archived