Mental Health Forums

Doing a diet is really affecting me

angel tears

Hi

i have been doing a diet for 8 days now that cuts out carbs, sugar, wheat, gluten, dairy... It's basically fruit, veg, water and lean meat. I am feeling like crap 

I feel so depressed and irritable...

does anybody else struggle like this?.

i am doing Juice plus... It's like doing lighter life etc 

I am 3 pounds lighter this week which is great but I feel crap. My mind can't cope with it. I get ocd about the scales, what I eat.

i end up starving myself and going to eating disorder groups. I am finding it hard to be kind to myself and take it more gently. I am the heaviest I have ever weighed. I take quetiapine and I have put on over 4 stones in 8 months but the quetiapine keeps me feeling well as long as I don't over stress myself and I must be very stressed. 

Xxx

Hi Angeltears

I totally understand where your coming from.  I myself put on 7 stone in 2 years and trying to well eat healthier.  I find that for me diets arent good, as it puts pressure on you to loose weight and well I become obsessed with the scales.  Its not a healthy way to be.  Also the kind of diet your on it will make your mood worse.  What I have been trying to do is cut my portions down, using a smaller plate.  Eating three meals a day.  I threw out my scales too and so far its working for me.  

Dont know if thats any help :-)

I threw out the diet ways a long time ago to much pressure like tattoo says, I like your way three meals a bit smaller no pressure, and drink plenty of water, I like to drink a glass with a meal, helps with the smaller portions ... porridge is very good to start off the day its a slow release food gives you energy...

at the end of the day let your self know its not the be all and end all to be slimmer its a goal that in time is better than a quick fix diet which can lead to bad habits, and possible weight gain... :( in my case id gain what I lost and more ... its poo! x

((((Angel)))) my mum made me go gluten free, not to lose weight, because she got it into her head I was allergic to it. It made me feel awful too and I would try to skip meals rather than eat the gluten free stuff.

There is more than one way to diet and I think it's probably like most things. You have to find one that suits you. The main point of dieting is to make you feel better and it sounds like you're not feeling better at all. Maybe there's another diet you could try? I think the smaller portions diet sounds good.

Archived