Mental Health Forums

Been Reading Up On

paddypotty

been reading up on promazine and think maybe its time I came off the stuff for a while at least,I have been on it daily for months now and what Ive been reading about it today has made me unasy to say the least,I know I have something weird going on with my left hand,its taken on a life of its own and seems to twist and move of its own accord,Ive never been offered blood tests etc but Im not going to stay on it so long that I end up twitching all over the place!

Just wondering should I do it on my own or tell psych tomorrow,Im wary of telling them in case they just give me something with a different name but the same effects

Patricia

will that stop my left hand breakdancing across the keyboard?

maybe i should cut back on them,i never follow directions just take and see,i know its a stupid approach so maybe i deserve the wibbly wobbly breakdancing hand

patricia

lol!!

i know that halperidol can cause side effects like that and stiffness etc, procycladine helps with that!!

i remember the first time i took halperidol, i was in p.hospt at the time and was already convinsed i had a brain tumour, when i took the halperidol it made my jaw go all stiff and lock, i thought i had had a stroke from the brain tumour!!

shit I wouldnt like that esp whilst stuck in psych hos,see psych tomorrow assuming i get beyond the waiting room,will definately mention this to them and also show them my groovey hand,everytime it moves keeps making me think of someone winking,maybe i need the promazine after all.

Patricia

yup its really moving and not in a nice way,temted to stuff it up my jumper,better still when this teacher calls round with references Ill just take it out and scare the shit out of him

Patricia

just a word of advice to anyone,never ever stop meds like this suddenly,I didnt bother with any meds over the weekend,developed a raging headache whilst visiting daughter at hospital,soon I was vomiting ,blurred speech and no sense of balance at all,I came home and things disintergrated,my hubbie became concerned and rang gp,apparently the migraine and associated puking was as a result of not taking promazine and temazepan for 3 days so yes Im back on the meds and puke and headache free.

Patricia

Archived