Mental Health Forums

Back Again

Betsy

i have been so good lately. i have not given in. in spite of all kinds of life crap i have been good overall. i am off of meds now for about 4 weeks and i have been so good. i dont want to reenter the med merry-go-round... get scripts, get used to them, get stabized on them, get off them, go thru all the mental and physical adjustments. i dont know why i wont let myself stay on meds but i do know me.. i just dont stay on them, it has been the same for the 35 years that they have been prescribing them, it hasnt changed, i tell them but they keep giving them to me. i spent 25 of those years off meds and i did okay.

anyway this isnt about meds it is about depression, how it wont ever leave you alone, how getting up is just a bump in the road to going down. how it steals your life... not just your joy but everything. it clouds your vision, paralizes your mind, and warps your senses, how it is so pervasive it steal the breath from your body, the hope from your soul and the light from everywhere.

what is the use of getting better... it is coming back.... watch out.

this isnt hopeless... it isnt forever.. i know i will get better... it alway happens..its just having gone thru a year long bitchin bout with it i really thot i was on the otherside... i went so far.. got so strong.. did it in the end without meds.. did it byself...

dont worry i will do it again.. and again...and again

bets

Archived