Mental Health Forums

Zopliclone

mrs tree

I was wondering if anyone has tried coming off Zopliclone .Last time I saw my pdoc I asked him about coming off zopliclone as I have been on it so long I don't see how it can be helping me sleep. He said no as he had only just managed to get me stable

But non the less I reduced my Zopliclone to 3.75mg. I am sleeping much better on the lower dose. I want to come off it completely ( i seem to constantly want to reduce my medication)

Has anyone done this and how was you sleep after?

Mrs Tree

My Zopliclone was changed to diazepam as i had to come off it. Personlly, i would have preferred to stay on the zopliclone i find it much more effective. Sounds like you may be able to come off it if done slowly especially as you say your sleep has been better.

Good luck

Chrissy

I use zopiclone intermittently, so I don't know about coming off a regular dose, but I would talk to your doctor about it again, or maybe a different member of your mental health team. It's usally best not to take yourself off medication without their knowledge, but if you say how well you have been on a lower dose maybe you could compromise and reduce it further, as Chrissy says, come off it slowly.

after a time of using them, sleeping tablets dont work anymore, so if u have been on them a long time they prob wont be working for you anymore, but coming off them could be hard and unpleasant, you should really follow your shrinks advise, but if u really do want to come off them tell him and makes sure he helps you to do it gradually

ive been on zopiclone for three years have tried to stop many times going cold turkey was pure hell these days im still on one zopiclone a night but also take to antihistamine based otc sleeping tablets a night plus co-codamol and neurofen plus for a old knee injury

Archived