Mental Health Forums

Family Session With Shrink

ragdoll

today i had a family session with my shrink. it seemed to go well, they just wanted to get an understanding of what was going on with my therapy and what we were working on together and i suppose if what we were working on had a purpose. I also feel that they want to help too much. I tried to tell them that they cant help. or more so that i dont know how they can help me. that what they had been doing was fine. being supportive when things were good and being supportive when things were tough. My aunty was still not happy by the end of the session and so i just told her that if she was worried about me and felt she saw me going down all she had to do was ask me and id tell her.

then they got onto my meds, my uncle wanted my meds restricted from me. already i only get a certain amount of lithium due to its toxicity and my temptation to od, even though its been well over two months now, but i do understand their concerns and im not bothered that the drug availability is restricted to me.

it makes me realise that i actually do have ppl that care and love me and it makes finally feel a little content with myself you know and being someone with bpd and suffering the abuse that i have being able to feel that is somewhat comforting even if i only feel that contentment, love and comfort only for a little while. it is a feeling that is foreign to me so to allow myself to feel it now is very strange.

anyway guys i havent posted for a while been out of action still, and will be for a while yet. hope you are all well, budge, wabbit, summer, dove, rain, kat, josh, em, bouyan, bets, and everyone else, you all know who you are. missing you all.

ragdoll

thanks for posting. i have been wondering how things were going for you.

i am glad you could experience the feeling of someone caring for even if only a little bit and for a little while. great things grow from tiny beginings.

love ya

bets

Archived