Mental Health Forums

Thought Of The Day

dangerousdonna93

1. anger is increased or decreased by how we veiw the situation. our thoughts can activate or deactivate anger

:angry::angry:

2. many of the situations we find ourselves in seem to invite anger, we get provoked. but, we have a choice to fight back or step away from the situation.

:(:(

3. certain beliefs that we have about ourselves, others, and the world increase a person's anger. examples include:

a. beliefs about yourself. i am just an angry person and i always

hate myself, everyone seems to hate me. might as well just stay angry.

b. my anger takes over me. i am helpless to do anything to try and stop it.

c. beleifs that the responsibilty is not mine. it's your fault. she deserves

my anger

d. the world's a bad place. you can't trust anyone. it promotes anger.

e. thinking that anger/aggression are good solutions. getting mad makes

you feel better.

:mellow::mellow: anger is such a difficult issue for me. am i angry?? what am i angry about? i always thought that any anger was bad. i had to put on a zombie face and not show my anger. so have a lot of repressed anger. you can internalize anger or act out.

FIRST we need to figure out the consequences of our anger. there always are some. what do we not like about how we show our anger. then it is time to start changing thoughts. TIME OUTS are important. even if you are in the middle of a heated fight, inturrupt, say i am going to take a time out. i need some time to think things through. in the heat of the moment we say a lot of things we later regret. taking a few minutes could help put somethings into perspective.

we can take control of our anger, or we can give it away. i tend to give it away.

these are my ramblings. any one else who has a word of wisdom on anger and what you do as healthy coping stratigy, let us know.

:rolleyes:

Archived