Mental Health Forums

The Shit Has Hit The Fan

toonkate

well, i found out (unofficially) what the outcome of that meeting was.

its worse than being sectioned for 6 months (what could poss be worse right?)

they have discharged me from their care completely, thats it, they have wiped their hands of me, i have no help or support at all now.

i know my shrink has done some really shitty evil stuff to me, and i hate him, but i cant cope without him (not that i have been coping with him)

catch 22 i guess

anyway, my reaction to hearing that news was "kill yourself"

and i tried, quite well for me, i didnt get help after the OD, didnt go to the hosp til after 15 hrs (they cant do anything after that long) i just went to get something to stop me from feeling so sick.

but unfortunately i hadnt ingested enough to kill me.

sigh

so, where to go from here?

god knows!!!

i dont have a clue

(((Kate)))

I'm sorry it's come to this, you can't help how you feel & how you act. Is there anyway they'd take you back if you made some kind of agreement about treatment & guidelines? How long have you seen Steve? Did you have a Psychotherapist also? If so, is it just Steve who won't see you? Maybe if you go to your GP they can refer you elsewhere? Hope things work out & pls don't OD, you'll get the help somehow. You say Josh knows Steve, if so, could he help at all? x

That sounds a bit gross to me! But I don't know the mental health system very well!

I would suggest that you contact MIND.

It's unethical to leave people in need of help without.

But it could also be possible that some conditions be put on your head to get the support you need if your history is difficult.

I think you must not let yourself sink in that occasion ( you can't accept to be dismissed ), but also , while fighting for the support back (caus you'll fight), take it as an occasion to put it clear in your mind what you really want from MH.

get as much support as you can ( Josh, MIND... anyone who can advise you)

XXxxx

Axelle

(((Kate)))

That's dreadful, I can't conceive how they can treat someone in need like this. Keep fighting, you shouldn't have to put up with this.

Linds xx

It's crap how some of us are treated, I had a GP say I was attention seeking & manipulative, that he didn't provide help in changing lightbulbs, I don't look as if I have Depression, that i'm very very aggressive, despite not shouting, leaving my seat, no threats or swearing etc, i'm trying to complain about him. Good luck kate & good on Josh for helping with this, let us know how it goes

im really sry it came to this toon, i tried telling you some weeks back that this could happen if you carried on.

im not being harsh or anything but will give you my own experience with this happening to me.

i said that there will come a time that the will say they cant help you anymore if you carry rejecting there help or what they try and give you and this is what as accured.

now to get back what you have lost is that you have a hard road with in yourself and trying to sort outyourself before maybe they will take you back in time.which was the case with me.. i had search myself and work on myself and show them that i was ready to receive help and go by what they say.

me saying all that look how far i have come trying to sort out myself and i receive all the help i need.. this is what you can get if you are willing to listen and show and do.

so im really sry that it did come down to them saying well we cant help you anymore because you wont try things. hope i made sense dear..(((huggies)))

Feel for you Kate...I too was discharged from the MH team because they thought i was 'untreatable' but at least i still have my DBT therapist. Good luck with the letter.

i have breifly spoken to a solicitor today, he says as i have been sectioned not long ago, they cant do this, they have duties under 117

Good, I know patients can be difficult, but surely anyone working in mental health knows it's due to the illness & they should expect it! Not saying that it's good to recieve RIP mail lol but they can't just dump you, how are ya meana cope alone? Keep us informed, I hope it works out

((mate))

i would rather you take the pills and not get it right than hang yourself or something and make a good job of it lol. stick to what you're bad at ok?

no seriously, don't do the pills, or the hanging, or any other method. i think deep down you're prolly not that different from the rest of us, and i for one will admit that i can think of reasons to live occasionally, and i'm glad i am here for them to occur to me. please keep safe cos i like you :)

x

it sucks dont it, there is always some stupid niggling reason that makes me back out at the last min.

maybe one day tho, i can but hope

And we can hope not. Will the solicitor be able to help

you at all? You are a handful, child, but I hope there

has been some kind of mistake made and you'll soon

have the help you need again. And I hope it's good help,

and I hope you accept it and work with it. You deserve

to enjoy being alive Kate. Nothing would make us happier.

XXX

Ann

it sounds damn right stupid that you have been left with no support, but renber dont you have a cat called maggie who would look after her .

i hope you manage to get some help - :bigarmhug[1]:

sounds like you have a alot of people on here that give a sh*t about u

Maybe, but since we all want to hug you too I reckon we'd resist the temptation.

seriously though, perhaps this is a time to really change - I got chucked nearly a year ago and I've spent the last year working really hard to get back to where I want to be. It's been really good for me, and also sorted out the areas where I really do need help and made me consult my conscience about what stuff I've been doing that I can outgrow.

Really works to winnow out the rubbish and concentrate on what the real issues are :(<_<:huh: :)

Archived