Mental Health Forums

The Shit Has Hit The Fan

toonkate

i cant do the whole help ypurself thing, i can take help unless its being forced on me, if i do ask or accept it willingly it feels like im giving in to them, if u know what i mean, it dont make much sense i know, but its how my stoopid mind works

does everyone get "chucked"? Ive barely even started to get help but i'm worried i'll get dumped before its had any real affect on me. Did you guys do anything to get dumped? I'm scared!

i trashed the tv room and keyed my docs car that was just some of the shit i did.. so dont worry.. if you show that your willing to help yourself they normaly will help you.

Ive done some nasty stuff too and Im still with mental health team but only just by a thread,not gonna say what I done cos I feel grossly ashamed now.

Patricia

Ill pm you Toon with gory details but not telling on boards,feel bad about it,in my defense think I was somewhat psychotic when I did what I did.

Patricia

HI KATE , IM SORRY THAT YOUR CMHT HAVE DISCHARGED YOU , I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL COZ I HAVE BEEN DISCHARGED TOO , MY REACTION WAS MUCH LIKE YOURS ALTHOUGH I NEVER GOT ANY FURTHER THAN THE END OF THE DRIVEWAY THANKS TO HAVING A GREAT HUBBY , I THINK IT IS INCREDIBLE THAT THEY THINK THEY CAN JUST SAY THATS IT NO MORE , I HAVE NO SUPPORT NOW EITHER,ARE YOU IN THE UK ?? COZ I KNOW THAT THEY ARE DOING THIS TO LOADS OF UNSUSPECTING POOR BPD SUFFERES.MIND IS A GOOD PLACE TO START.I WISH YOU LUCK , STAY SAFE.

KIM X

I DONT KNOW KATE, THEY NEVER REALLY GAVE ME A REASON ,THEY FELT THAT I COULDNT GET ANYMORE FROM THEM I SPOSE , I WAS TOLD BY MY PSYC THAT THEY WERE HAVING FINANCIAL PROBLEMS IN THE NHS AND THAT THE MENTAL HEALTH TEAMS AND SOME BUILDINGS WERE BEING CLOSED DOWN , WELL I TOLD THEM I SHOULDNT HAVE TO SUFFER ,ITS NOT MY FAULT , LOTS OF PEOPLE IN MY AREA HAVE BEEN AFFECTED.

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP TO BE TREATING PEOPLE LIKE THAT.

KIM

they always fight those who are unable to fight back.they seem to either shove loads of pills at you and hope you go away quietly, or offer you no help whatsoever so you feel worthless and dont bother going again or they tell you to fuck off.

Ive got an appointment on the 25th of this month,have no positive vibes about it whatsoever,suspect they will probaly chuck me soon,keep suggesting I go to a therapeutic community but 6 months away from my family in England is unlikely to help bpd and furthermore I have yet to hear much positive about therapeutic communities.

Guess I will have to wait until Sunshine sets up her commune.

Patricia

claire has already set up her commune, but its a commune dedicated to bryan worship and weird sex stuff, would prob make u go crazy!

Hi

Have you gone back to your GP? Explain what you are currently experiencing, and what you need help with, also tell him that you feel they have discharged you from care too early without follow up support plan? Maybe then he can refer you again to the service.

At least maybe then the ball will be rolling again?

In the meantime we are here, and the helpline. Also, remember to make use of other help you may have or used in the past such as samaritans or your nearest hospital if you are having bad patch.

Glad, Josh is helping you to write a letter. Do you have someone like an advocate who can go with you to the doctors etc?

It is sometimes tough to keep fighting and challenging the system in a positive constructive way, when you have lots going on internally. But you are keeping in there, so just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Thinking of you, and sending you big hugs.

Rachel

Wow Kate - really shocked to hear this

Hopefully with your solicitor and Josh on your side they will reconsider, they will have to if they are breaking the law.

Meanwhile we are here for you, not the same I know, but you are not alone, not abandoned, you have us.

take gentle care of yourself at this time.

What I did is a bit sub judice right now (meaning I still may sue them if they don't let me back) but it was pretty bad nonetheless.

Patricia I went to the Cassel for 6 months and although it was hell at the time I do believe it has helped me more than anything else would have but it has been very very hard work.

Lack of resources is NEVER an adequate reason to refuse treatment and if they have put that in writing (which would be great) then you could judicially review them and hopefully get some authoritative legal guidance (like from the Court of Appeal or House of Lords) to say that they have to treat us. If that is what has happened there would be a lot of people interested in helping you.

In the meantime Kate - we're all still here.

Archived