Mental Health Forums

Hello

doing-good

Hello, 

Just looking for a space within the BPD community to gain more understanding. 
I've suspected I have BPD for the past few years- my emotional outburst seem to be growing in intensity (mainly because I bottle it all up until I explode). 
I asked to be referred for an assessment. The MH team called today confused as to why I want an assessment when I already have a diagnosis! 
it's been on my file (although not on my medical file??!?) since 2009!!!!!!  
I'm happy as I feel like it's me, and explains that I'm not a horrible crazy person. But I'm annoyed that it's been sat there on my file for 14 years and no professional has done anything with it. 

But now, the realisation that this is what I have has kicked in, and I feel a bit lost with how to work out a way forward. 
I'm already in private therapy. But I don't know if there are other things I can access for it. 

Thanks for reading. 

• 2 months later...

doing-good,

I am just seeing your post and wanted to reply. This site is very much gone quiet for lack of a real upgrade with the times, but I am here now and again, checking-in. A DX that you are trying to wrap your head around is a really confusing place. I know, even to this day that I do not 100% accept mine, so it becomes a thing that can only be ingested in bite sized moments, and it strikes me that your post is one of those moments.

It is very promising for your well-being and moving forward that is is one of your now. This will sound and possibly feel contrite that is one of many you will walk into processing. To this day, I am is still in therapy which has been on an off for me most of my life. Behind BPD, is a trauma that will more often than not require gentle care with yourself as you learn to re-parent the parts of you that need love and acceptance.

I am glad to find your post it reminds me to keep doing the same for myself. If you feel comfortable posting please keep doing so, I will reply when I am on the site.

One step at a time,

Saharah Blue