Mental Health Forums

Good Friend

buoyantcat

I just felt like sharing that I have an amazing friend who has helped me. I can't believe how much he has put up with me, and what he has gone through to make sure than I'm okay. He came with me the first time I saw a therapist, because I was really scared and didn't want to see a "shrink". He is there to talk to me a lot, even when I am sounding like a blubbering idiot on the phone. He has put up with me screaming at the top of my lungs how much I hate him, and then when I came to apologize to him the next day, telling him that he is like a brother to me, and that I hope he never leaves me. He has been there through my cursing, crying, and slamming doors, and is still there when I am happy and want to talk about the computer games. He's never taken anything personally, and instead tells me not to worry, and take care of myself.

Yesterday, we figured out that I can call him as soon as I start to feel my dark, depressing moods coming on, so we can talk about other "happy" stuff. I have yet to figure out a code word to tell him "I'm starting to feel crappy, and I was wondering if I could talk to you about happy things, so I can pull myself out of this." Still thinking...

I know that he won't always be there for me (sometimes I expect TOO much out of him), but I do know that he has done more for me than most people have, and I am grateful to have a friend like him.

Does anyone else have cool friends like this? Or any weird friend stories? I know that it takes a special person to be friends with someone who has BPD.

I think you are one of the lucky few and would love to have his number!!! hold on to him he sounds like a god send, hold on to him with both hands and make sure he knows that you love him dearly for all he has gone through with you ((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Thats wonderful! friends like those are lifesavers! I have just sent some info on BPD to an old friend of mine I still keep in contact with, and he is also like a brother to me. Don't know if he will really read it or even understand it, but I have told him recently that all I want from him is an ear that will listen and some words of encouragement when I need them.

Some friends will get scared by people like us, but the more they know about how we tick is a good and proactive measure.

Hope things will get better and better for you!

:D

He used to be a teacher of mine. I guess he saw that I was having a lot of trouble in/at school. And that's when I started talking to him.

i too have an amazing friend al though we live far apart we r on the other end of the phone if need be. we don't burden eacj other and know when things r crap. i met her online and will always be there for her..........friends hey life would br shittier than ever without them.

• 2 weeks later...

As I have said before, when things are bad I start thinking about a bridge, its dark and dank. When things are bad and I tell my case worker or my therapist that I am on the bridge they know things are not good for me. Maybe you could use a code like that. You could use a catchphrase like the Eagle is landed, I know its corny, but you get the idea. Or get the strait jacket out!>? I am losing my marbles. The creams not rising to the top. The men with the yellow van and the white coats are coming to get me. OK enough of THAT!

Wabbit

Archived