Mental Health Forums

Suffering...

Ryuuzaki

i got my first panic attack in school....i couldnt breathe...felt dizzy....sweaty....numbness in my hands.....felt like screaming and crying....worst part is the after effects of short breathi-ness..lasted throughout the day....i also cant breathe normally cuz of my anxiety.....i feel worried 24-7 and cant even sleep without feeling so....i havent let anyone know this and i suffer all this quietly....i try my best to pretend nothings happened or ...something... :unsure:

are you able to go and see your doctor about this so he may help and give you somthing to calm you down. i have anxiety aswell which i take medication for.

take care of yourself xx

im onli 15...how am i to go to the doctor?.......and my parents....dont even mention them........my heart races nonstop......i'll go crazy if this keeps up........what am i to do?!.....my school counsellor is dumb and suggests all the wrong and dumb things...she doesnt even bother when i tell her i have panic attacks........and im not going to her again cause the last time i went...my friends had to force me to go...

aww hun. have you tried speaking to your parents about this or even just ask that you need to see your family doctor. you dont have to go into detail just say that your not feeling 100% and you need to see somone.

hope your able to hun. when im feeling panicky i try and take some deep breaths and try and relaxe.i also go to a window and take in some air or you can go outside and take some breath of fresh air.

im in a state of depression....i cant feel anything.......im sleepy alwiz..im in a daze......and if im not depressed...then my anxiety takes over......

sounds like you need some help, could you not try and see if your parents has a doctor please. here for you and here to listen aswell hun. (((huggies)))

hello ry, you really need to see a doc or speak to someone,can you find the phone number for the samaritans they will speak to you in complete confidence,and maybe able to help you to get to a doctor,it sounds like you are having problems talking to your parents,it is always best if you can talk to them as they will be able to help.i hope you find help somewhere.

xx

i agree you need to talk to someone !

There has to be a way that if you dont feel comfortable talking to your parents you can reach out to someone, A hotline or something tell them your fears about telling your parents and also explain exactly what you said here.

5HillsideThinkingofYou.jpg

I cant call the samaritans or something....i'd feel too weird....too embarrasing....i suppose i'll have to wait a LOOONG time before i can get help huh?

That is truely your choice , but I would encourage you to comtinue to post in here and talk to the team here !

Maybe if you dont feel comfortable on here in private !

Hiya,

I only asked because if you are in the UK you can make an appointment to see your GP. They can treat you in confidence with out informing anyone if the deem you as mature and responsible enough to fully understand and handle anything they may diagnose you with or any medication they may prescribe.

They also need to believe that the positives of treating you in confidence out weigh the negatives of not treating you because you refuse to include your parents.

You could phone up your surgery and inquire as to what there policy is.Dont see any reason as to why you should have to give your name.

uuumm.........i kinda figured that.....since i couldnt talk bout it to anyone at all...not even friends.....i could come here to talk bout it you know?.. :rolleyes:

i dont really need to see a doctor right? i mean....i alwiz think im overeacting and that other people have it worse and i should shut up and stop complaining about something so small and unimportant...id' feel like a nuisance by making such a fuss out of it...

you do need to see a doc hun, im guessing u r from the US, dont know how it works there, cant u see your doc in confidence without telling your parents?

do u have a P doc ot a T?

im sorry...i havent any idea what a P or T is...do u think its possible for me to just rough it out quitely?? (and thanks for all your replies..would have died without them)

P-short for psychologist, gives you meds

T-short for therapist, the talky counsellor bit

oh and GP is General Practitioner.

<Moment of Reflection> I was you, 13 years ago. couldn't tell my parents how I felt, they wouldn't understand. or so I thought at the time. couldn't talk to school counselor, b/c didn't trust her for crap.

half a lifetime later, my parents did know. they just didn't know how to help.

even now I'm not sure what would have helped. this site, if it'd been around.

but no matter how badly they react. it's better than living this way, it's better than locking yourself into your head for years and years.

I think asking for help is one of the hardest things to do.

asking, and really working for it.

I wish you strength.

i was wondering...could i really see a doctor without my parents knowlegde?? would i be allowed? what would i say? what would i do??? *confused about everthing* :wacko:

hahaha...could you tell me what u did and what happened? seeing as we're quite alike in problems or sumthing....any advice? i should be needing lots....i havent a soul in the world to talk to except on these forums.. :rolleyes:

Archived