Mental Health Forums

Tips For Coping

Life is sweet

Well, as everyone on here knows, it effin sucks dealing with tough emotions. Hurt, pain, abandonment, loneliness. I'm trying to cope with my emotions about leaving my old therapist right now. I'm doing rather good so far, but was wondering if anyone had any new ideas that, god forbid would make the process fun! lol!

I've been self-comforting, rocking myself, blankets & pillows, comfort objects and stuffed animals, talking to myself, soothing myself.

I dunno. Just something new perhaps would be nice. I'm just tired of the same old thing. That's actually amusing in a weird way. :)

Hehe. Thanks for any ideas!

Megan

xx

I like aromatherapy candles

self soothing can also be about looking after yourself having a manicure or a facial....doing it at home if you don't want to go out

take care

mrs Tree

Mmm. Thanks. New ideas, w00t! So, spa/relaxing time, cuddling up with good book, little jobs that need to get done and candles/inscents. Good. Good! Thanks guys! :)

yeah, did that last night, and yes, last night I had a GREAT time.

don't even have a hangover. (drink lots of water before you pass out)

but the terrible mood is still back...

Velveteen is too young to get trashed!

i would go for the bath option, but then u have to dry your hair and shit after! grrrrrrrrrr

cant think of anything useful to say!!!

sry hun!

Thanks Kate anyhow. Bath sounds good. Gotten drunk before, not trashed. With friends last year, but am trying not to use that anymore as an escape or anything. Life is just better without drugs and alcohol. I'm loopy enough as it is, I don't need that stuff. :rolleyes:

yeah, we have places like that. Peir 1 Imports is good but somewhere in California I'm sure there's an IKEA. they sell lots of good things there.

my personal favorite is Target! :D

you can get ikea catalogue ring them to send you one.

dont mention florida- slag ex sis lives there in winter.this countrys' weather not up to her standards :sm.jpg:

velvet go treat yourself to some new clothes and hairdo :)

more ideas. try to get out but if not there are fun sites on net, if you don't fancy that, try listening to a good lite c.d personally when i feel crap i put the music on loud and dance round like an idiot but thats me :D

woot for dancing around like idiots! I sing like an idiot in the car. It's quite amusing to anyone listening..lol

I got a new hairdoo a few days ago when I was on vacation seeing my dad.

That actually reminds me that I wanted to order a new sweater for the winter out of Delias. It's this cutsie catalog for teens--love it!

http://www.delias.com if you're bored by the way.

surf the net

keep posting

n one thing that seem rather "primitive" to me ... but i do it .... take a piece of blank paper(s), either draw, or, when it is really bad, just keep on writing n repeating a sentence, for me, the worse i got to was jus writing XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX repeatedly for pages!

:unsure:

Hm, interesting Budgie. Try it out sometimes perhaps. I take a piece of paper and write as many words as I can think of that begin with B. Or as many things I can think of that are blue. Then go on to red, or orange, etc. Or A, B, C, etc. Then it distracts your mind from whatever may be overwhelming you. Works well.

Archived