Mental Health Forums

Categorization

noname

I hate it when people put people into catagories like 'he's a goth, she's a mosher' etc etc I just find it sooooooo annoying!!!! I just don't see the point at all I mean It's not like being in a certain group changes who you are. Similar to being classed as having a mental health problem, I suppose in theory it's exactly the same as saying He is depressed I don't like him or whatever.

What is the world coming to?!?!? lol

The bad thing about putting people into catagories is as you say, it makes us think they are a certain way but with negative connotations. But I suspect there are more people like you, who don't do that than you would think. Sometimes it is also just a way to identify with the person too. And I even catch myself doing it in what would appear a bad way - Oh, he's a redneck...... :lol:

Verbena

it may be screwy to catagozizw but isnt that somewhat the reason that you dress and act the way you do. isnt it a type of uniform as much say as an army uniform is. when we dress (and i do this too) a certain way isnt to inform people of at least some of our beliefs? i suppose all goths, moshers, hippies, etc. are not the same at all but it does give people a basis to go from

just my oppinion

bets

Archived