Mental Health Forums

Why Cant I Use Chat

maripol

Uh It says I don't have permission and I cant find any posts talking about chat being restricted to new members. ? !

hi and welcome Maripol

Glad you found your way to chat. hope you find this site as helpful as much as so many of us do.

Leslie x

I am afraid the decision has been taken that only sponsors or volunteers to the site will be able to access the chat:

You can click on Upgrade your Forum Account Today! towards the top of the window.

I'm in debt and don't have any money.

Welcomer

Welcome newbie’s to the site, help them feel at home and to settle in, answer any questions they may have. Maximum number of welcomers at any time is 20.

so how many of you are paid welcomers?

If you are interested in being a welcomer, I suggest that you submit a ticket (use the button at the top) and say so.

Let me in chat or else.

Or else what? No, really, I want to know. Instead of saying "hi" and introducing yourself, you demand why you can't get in chat. There are some really nice people who greeted you despite that and you just ignored them. When people offered suggestions, you claim you can't even welcome people, ask who are welcomers, and assume volunteer workers are paid (everyone is a volunteer). And now you say "or else?"

If you want to try again with a bit more politeness, I'd highly recommend it.

I find it hard to take these greetings as sincerity when people have to volunteer to do so. And the same thing is said to everyone who posts so it might as well be bots.

hi! hello thank you! there. i cant pay you monthly, and im not comfortable giving you my full name, phone number, and address, and write you a personal application like it asked me, so i cant use your services. so whats the point. im just posting anyway, even though all i wanted was to find a chatroom with other borderlines. im not threatening anything. im joking.

If you cant offer anything as suggested in our conditions then I would consider making use of the forums which is completely free.

ive been. and i have no problem posting in welcome threads, but why do you need my phone number and address?

um, okay than, I just cant make heads or tails out of your help desk and I'm confused as heck

Why didn't you say so when you read my other post Joshua?

As per any one else you will need to find your feat and discuss issues as they arise with the group.

meme said i have to submit a ticket, so where do i send it? Forum issues & technical support? what do i write? im volunteering.

The Submit a Ticket button is at the top of the page between Make a Donation and Find a Therapist. Those are the three buttons right under the link to Amazon and Upgrade Your Account Today!

That button opens a new window with eSupport as the heading. Click Submit a Ticket which is next to a picture of an envelope. Then select Forum issues and technical support and click next. Then fill out the form (it's pretty short and easy). For full name, I think they don't mind your username.

Put it in forum issues and technical support.

You have actually offended me. I welcomed you and I am not a volunteer, just a regular user. I don't 'welcome' people on this site I just saw that you were new and thought you might appreciate a friendly word.

Thanks for the slap in the face there.

Archived