Mental Health Forums

Why Cant I Use Chat

maripol

Most of the welcomers and peer supporters do not use the extra privelages granted such as live chat, therefore they are not volunteering for that reason, but more because they want to be a welcomer and make new members feel more at home and offer them someone to talk to and get help from around the forum.

Also lots of people that don't volunteer (as in Roses case) welcome new people to the forum even though they are not a welcomer. Think about it this way, if a bunch of you arranged a party, and someone volunteered to be the host and welcome everyone to the door and show them their seats, they are not doing it because they volunteered, they volunteered because they wanted to.

Most of the welcomers and peer supporters do not use the extra privelages granted such as live chat, therefore they are not volunteering for that reason

Thats right! I personally paid the money but then volunteered afterwards anyway. I did it because it is run by a charity and staffed largely by volunteers and I wanted to be able to help keep it a nice safe place for people to get support and recover and make friends.

Put it in forum issues and technical support.

You have actually offended me. I welcomed you and I am not a volunteer, just a regular user. I don't 'welcome' people on this site I just saw that you were new and thought you might appreciate a friendly word.

Thanks for the slap in the face there.

well i'm paranoid, and don't know who to trust, but thank you genuinely for answering my question (I did not volunteer to say this)

and thank you oceanwulf

hhya & welcome maripol,

i didnt know chat was not allowed to newbies ( people with less than 25 posts)? Used to be free, and help new mwmbers make friends and oriented.

I think some of you are being a little harsh here. None of us know Maripol -yet- and we are all here as we have varying illnesses of the mental health flavour.

Some ppl have crippling anxiety, are paranoid, etc- so often one medium might be easier to make friends thru than another. At first, anyway.

And i didnt find anthing offensive in what you said maripol.

take care, hope you stay around and 'talk'more,

anne Marie

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forum...showtopic=41909

Yes, we all have illnesses. But this site has always struck me as one aimed towards recovery. That means the illnesses are a reason for the behavior, but we are still working on changing it. It means learning to take responsibility for that behavior. Making excuses doesn't change the behavior, it encourages it. And yes, although the same thing can be used as either as reason or an excuse, there is a difference.

I don't care about whether "rights" are a myth or not and the fact that I don't have them. I still have boundaries and I will still stick with them. I'm sorry you find that "harsh."

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forum...showtopic=41909

Yes, we all have illnesses. But this site has always struck me as one aimed towards recovery. That means the illnesses are a reason for the behavior, but we are still working on changing it. It means learning to take responsibility for that behavior. Making excuses doesn't change the behavior, it encourages it. And yes, although the same thing can be used as either as reason or an excuse, there is a difference.

I don't care about whether "rights" are a myth or not and the fact that I don't have them. I still have boundaries and I will still stick with them. I'm sorry you find that "harsh."

Hello Ocean Wolf Narinda here. In my thinking it could be called privilege what is no myth. Be peaceful.

Narinda

I have spent my life (and still do) having rights my disregarded. I don't have the right to have boundaries, I don't have the right to defend myself, I don't have the right to be defended, I don't have the right to be imperfect despite that fact that humans are not, etc. I understand that a lot of people have different beliefs and I respect that, but most people have the right to their own opinions and beliefs. This is mine and I have very good reason to believe it.

You seem to grungingly want to volunteer just to get into chat. That is not what volunteering is all about. I am a volunteer because i like this site and i wanted to do more, be more involved. I am slightly offended by some of your comments. Regardless of how ill we are we still have to take other peoples considerations into account. I think you should try and be a bit more thoughtful before you post

hhya & welcome maripol,

take care, hope you stay around and 'talk'more,

anne Marie

well thanks :blush:

and thanks brokenangel, and sweetdeanie and everyone else for being nice and sticking around, now can someone please close this awful thread and bury it.

You can't ask for a thread to be closed. everybody has a right to reply. However, I will respect your decision and no longer add to this.

I hope you are feeling slightly better about things. I know it can be difficult when you first join a forum

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 3 weeks later...

:welcomeani: maripol, was nice to meet you in the chat, hope you find the site useful.

hello all. hope u get this - this site was recommended to me by my cpn. i hope it can help me

Archived